ICF Construction also offers the following benefits:
- Insulated Concrete Form walls create a thermal envelope including a airtight structure which results in energy cost savings of 50% to 80% on heating and cooling.
- Insulated Concrete envelopes allow for a better air quality control procedure providing a healthier more comfortable environment including cost savings in HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) requirements.
- Insulated Concrete Walls will not support mould or mildew growth, and walls also will not rot.
- Insulated Concrete Walls have a concrete core which makes them stronger and more durable greatly improving the life cycle of the building.
- During the building process there is less waste an from a ICF project reducing landfill impact. In most locations the ICF foam can be recycled.
- Integrating ICF with solar or wind technology allows for the greater potential for a Passive house building projects.
- ICF walls have a fire rating of three to four hours far exceeding other systems.
- ICF construction also creates a quiet environment, the STC (Sound transmission class) ratings varies from 44 to 51+. ICF beneficial for Media and Theatre rooms, Cold storage and Emergency Safe Rooms.